Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Catching up... again

What?! I seriously haven't blogged since the beginning of January?!?! Slacker. Okay. Maybe not. I'm just a busy momma and daycare provider to two other needy babies. So let's see...

The beginning of January Avery had her 4 month appointment (seems kind of like a moot point now that's she's 6.5 months old, but hey. I want to remember this stuff. :)) She was 15 lbs., 6 oz. (90%), and 25 3/4 inches (95%) long. I remember being quite surprised that she was that big already! She had to get two shots, and didn't even let out a cry until they did the second one! A couple days after she marked her 4 month birthday, she rolled over from her tummy to her back! (Don't get too excited, though. That's the only time she's ever done it.) January held lots of snow, and enjoying our last few weeks with just Avery and Elise during the day.

At the beginning of February, I started watching a little boy, Lelan, who was just 3 months old. The answer is yes. I am crazy. Possibly even certifiable. After a few rough days, we started getting into a routine, and Avery really seems to like her little "boyfriend" that comes to play every day. (Although Daddy says she's too young to have a boyfriend.) During the middle of February, I made a discovery-my baby girl had her first tooth coming through! I was very happy to have found it with my finger, and not on some other body part. Ahem.... The next day I peeked to see how that tooth was doing, and lo and behold it had a little neighbor. Her two bottom teeth were working their way in. :)

She went in for her 6 month checkup at the beginning of March. She weighed 17 lbs, 4 oz (75%), and was 26.5 inches (75%) long. That's the first time since she was born that she wasn't in the 90-something percentile! But don't worry, she's got plenty of baby rolls to go around. :) She had to get three shots this time, and was none too happy about it either.

This is fair warning. Read the next part at your own risk. ;)
So, remember those little, white, jagged, baby teeth? A couple weeks ago, Avery figured out something "fun" to do while I was nursing her. Biting. Mommy did not think that was funny. At all. This lasted on and off for the better part of a week, and included a day of Avery being on a nursing strike. (That was the longest day of my life. Ever. Pretty sure.) Apparently me gasping in pain every time she bit me finally took it's toll, and that's what the lactation consultant told me probably sent her on that strike. So after that, I just ignored the biting. (Which is really hard, by the way.) And now she's been pretty good about just eating normally. Hooray!

The next week, Avery caught a nasty cold, which kept her up for an hour and a half one night. I've never been up with her for that long at night. Ever. Even when she was itty bitty. She would always eat and go back to sleep. (I know I shouldn't complain, but, well, I can if I want to! :)) The week continued with her waking up and coughing for around an hour every night. She's finally back to sleeping through the night this week, although that cough is still sticking around. I think she's on the upward swing though, so hopefully she'll be feeling back to her old self soon.

And one last thing that she figured out the other day. She can scoot backward when she's on her belly. She's only done it a few times, but her Momma was pretty proud. :)



Cutest baby ever. :)


She was exhausted.


Are you looking at me?


Just doing a little light reading.

Daycare Buddies
Elise, almost 1 (her birthday is on Sunday!), Avery, 6.5 months, Lelan 4 months


Just hanging out in the laundry basket.


She likes riding in her wagon. :)

Isn't she the cutest? We sure think so. :)

Until next time. Whenever that may be.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment