If you've ever met my parents, you know that they have a disease. It's called gardening. And I caught it several years ago. Every year, they take a trip with the Dunkerton Garden Club up to the the Mennonite greenhouses near Alta Vista. I always go with them, because you can get plants for so much cheaper up there than you can here in town! The only difference this year is that I had to take Avery, since I'm still nursing and we've never given her a bottle. Anyway, I didn't know what to expect, but she did amazing. (As long as Mommy was within sight. :)) I just wore her in my sling, and she loved it! I was pretty excited about that, and about all the great flowers I got. Now I just need to find time to plant them...
I also discovered that I was almost out of baby food, so I spent the rest of my weekend trying to get some more food made and frozen. I've really been enjoying making Avery's food. It's a lot of fun! (And so much cheaper. And better tasting. :)) So far, she's tried bananas, avocados, peas, apples (not a huge fan!), sweet potatoes (her favorite), green beans (make her want to puke, literally), pears, and carrots. Some new things I made this time are mangoes, peaches, pumpkin, prunes, and I want to try some chicken soon. :)
Avery is still not rolling over, but I have noticed her rolling up onto her side several times in the past few days. She hasn't really done that before. Except maybe a couple times when she was really itty bitty. Maybe the first step in getting her to roll? She's also been sliding backward on her belly quite a bit. I know I should just enjoy this time now when she can't move very far, because before long, she'll be all over the place!
I don't have any pictures this post, mostly because I'm too lazy to get up and get my memory card. Next time. I promise. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment